top of page


The American Legion

ALA Unit 539


American Legion Department of Texas


American Legion Auxiliary


Sons of the American Legion


Legion Riders


Veterans Benefits Center


Veterans Health Care


Tricare Homepage


Defense Finance and Accounting Service


Request Copies of Military Personnel Records


U.S. Government's Official Web Portal - Prepare for the unexpected




San Antonio Organizations


Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center 633-0201

American Cancer Society 614-4211

American GI Forum- Veterans Outreach Program 223-4096

Better Business Bureau of San Antonio 828-9441

Bexar County Legal Aid Association 227-0111

Big Brothers and Sisters, Alamo Area 225-6322

Center for Health Care Services 731-1300

Central Literacy Referral Center 225-7323

Child Abuse Prevention Services 829-5437

Children’s Association for Maximum Potential 292-3566

Consumer Credit Counseling Service 979-4300

Dept of Veterans Affairs (Veterans Benefits Office) 1-800-827-1000

Family Violence Prevention Services, Inc. 930-3669

Food Bank Inc., San Antonio 337-3663

Goodwill Industries of San Antonio (Donations) 924-6111

Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce 229-2100

Parks and Recreation Department 207-8480

Physician Referral Service 734-6691


How to Locate a Retiree:


Provide as much identifying information as possible about the person you wish to locate, such as full name, rank, last duty assignment/last known military address, service number, and Social Security number.

The locator service is free to immediate family members and Federal and State government officials. Other family members, civilian friends, businesses, or any others must pay a non-refundable fee of $3.50 in the form of a check or money order made payable to the U.S. Treasury.


To locate an Army retiree:

Army Reserve Personnel Center
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63132-5200

To locate an Army separatee:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63132-5200

Current addresses are not maintained for separatees who are not serving under reserve obligation. In such cases you might want to try a military organization such as the American Legion or VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars).

To locate a retiree or separatee of the U.S. Navy:

Navy Worldwide Locator
Bureau of Naval Personnel
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, Tennessee 38055-3120

Voice: 901/874-3388 (Recording 24 hours per day, live assistance available - 7:00a.m. - 4:30p.m., central time)

Limited service is available by writing to the address above. Letters will be forwarded, if possible, to the retiree. A locator notice can also be posted in the Navy retiree's newsletter Shift Colors or you may advertise for former shipmates in any of the many veterans' organization magazines.

Air Force
The Air Force Worldwide Locator can locate active duty personnel, as well as retirees, reservists, and guardsmen. Parents, spouses, and government officials may call 210/565-2478. Letters requesting locator service should be mailed to:

550 C Street, West, Suite 50
Randolph AFB, Texas 78150-4752
Voice: 210/565-2660 (Live assistance - Monday - Friday 7:30a.m. - 4:30p.m., central time)

This service will not help in locating Air Force separatees or Army Air Corps retirees. You may write to the National Personnel Records Center below or contact one of the various veterans' service organizations to help in locating these persons.

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Avenue
Saint Louis, Missouri 63132-1500

Marine Corps
The Marine Corps is not able to assist in locating former Marines. They suggest you place an ad in Leatherneck Magazine. There is a monthly feature called "Mail Call" that includes locator requests. There is no charge for the service and you may send your request to:

Mail Call Editor
P.O. Box 1775
Quantico, Virginia 22134

Coast Guard
Send mail to:

Commanding Officer (RAS)
Coast Guard Human Resources Services and Information Center
444 S.E. Quincy Street
Topeka, KS 66683-3591
(785) 339-3415, (785) 339-3770 FAX

(no fee)



bottom of page